Butterflies Belong Here: A Story of One Idea, Thirty Kids, and a World of Butterflies
- $2.00 / loan
Butterflies Belong Here is a powerful story of everyday activism and hope.
In this moving story of community conservation, a girl finds a home in a new place and a way to help other small travelers.
This book is about the real change children can make in conservation and advocacy—in this case, focusing on beautiful monarch butterflies.
• From Deborah Hopkinson and Meilo So, the acclaimed team behind Follow the Moon Home
• An empowering, classroom-ready read
• The protagonist is a girl whose family has recently immigrated to the United States.
I know what to look for: large black-and-orange wings with a border of small white specks, flitting from flower to flower, sipping nectar. But though I looked hard, I couldn't find even one. I wondered if monarch butterflies belonged here. I wondered if I did, too.
Butterflies Belong Here is proof that even the smallest of us are capable of amazing transformations.
• Equal parts educational and heartwarming, this makes a great gift for parents and grandparents, as well as librarians, science teachers, and educators.
• Those interested in beautiful butterflies and everyday activism will find this lovely book both motivating and inspiring.
• Perfect for children ages 5 to 8 years old
• Add it to the shelf with books like Thank You, Earth: A Love Letter to Our Planet by April Pulley Sayre, The Honeybee by Kirsten Hall, and Greta and the Giants: Inspired by Greta Thunberg's Stand to Save the World by Zoë Tucker
OUT OF STOCK!
This product is out of stock, submit your email and we will update once it restock.