Author: David J. Ward
Illustrator: Eric Comstock
Number of pages: 40
Learn the science of sound with easy experiments and examples from everyday life.
Crickets, clarinets, and vocal chords. All vibrate. All make sound.
Here is science learning at it's best: a kid-friendly, accessible text, with bold, retro-styled illustrations, and hands-on experiments you can try at home!
Using everyday items like straws, balloons, rulers, and wax paper, readers can:
• See how sound can pass through a string
• Use four straws to hear high and low sounds
• Show how vocal chords work
• Use wax paper to see sound vibrate
• Learn how sound waves work
And much more!
A glossary is included in the back of the book.