Author: Claire Grace
Illustrator: Rob Hunter
Number of pages: 24
Travel the world with the Sounds of Nature series - press the note in each of the 10 ocean habitats to hear vivid recordings of over 60 different marine animal sounds.
The Sounds of Nature series brings the natural world to life with the sounds of real animals recorded in the wild. Captivating edge-to-edge illustrations show animals in action in their habitats around the globe. The animals are numbered in the order they can be heard, with fascinating facts and descriptions of the sounds they make, so you can listen out for each one. A speaker set into the back cover plays a sound clip when you press firmly on the note in each illustration. The battery is already installed, so simply open and explore.
In World of Oceans, discover these amazing habitats: open ocean of the Pacific; frozen water of the Arctic; coral waters of Australia's Great Barrier Reef; swamp waters of Florida, USA; a rockpool in Cornwall, UK; bay waters of San Francisco, USA; island waters of Indonesia, Asia; the deep sea of the Mariana Trench; coastal waters of Brazil, South America; and sandy coastline of Cape Town, Africa.
Listen to these and more watery places come to life as you hear the:
- Booming snorts, roars and growls of the northern elephant seal (Pacific Ocean)
- Happy squeaks, chirps, whistles and clucks of the ghostly white beluga whales (Arctic Ocean)
-Angry hissing noise of a common snapping turtle warning off intruders (Florida swamp)
- Scuttling noise of a giant spider crab (Mariana Trench)
- High-pitched clicking sounds of poison dart frogs (Brazil)
- Loud splash of a great white shark as it falls back into the water (South Africa)
Dip your toe in, hold your breath and get ready to plunge into the deep blue oceans that cover our planet!