Author: Chris Oxlade & Anita Ganeri
Illustrator: Paulina Morgan
Number of pages: 32
Explore, create and investigate with Ava and George - the Geo Detectives! Use your detective skills to find out about volcanoes, earthquakes and other astounding natural events.
With the Geo Detectives series, join two young detectives, Ava and George, in a hands-on exploration of the natural world. Learn about exciting geography topics, then investigate further with fun activities and projects to do at home and outside.
What happens when a volcano erupts? Can we predict earthquakes? Where do most earthquakes occur in the world? Discover what amazing things happen in nature and use your own skills to find out why! Get answers about:
- Tectonic plates using a soggy biscuit
- How gas blows cinders out of a crater with popcorn, a plate, a cup and a straw
- Which materials are the best protection against heat using a chocolate bar
- How to measure quakes by making your own seismometer from everyday items
- Tsunamis by making your own model tsunami wave
- And much more!
Encouraging young readers to investigate geography topics and to have fun while learning, this book will amaze and astound any reader with an interest in science and nature.